[Image-SIG] PNG writing bug

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
>should I change Z_NO_FLUSH to Z_SYNC_FLUSH?

I'm not presenting that as a solution; perhaps the bug only occurs
when buffer space runs out at one particular point in the zlib code,
and the Z_SYNC_FLUSH is merely disguising the problem by making the
buffer space run out at a different point in zlib's code.

It's annoying that there's no mailing list for discussion of zlib
development and bug reports; the closest thing is comp.compression,
but that's swamped with lots of questions about archiving programs.
I'd like boil down the problem to a data set and a brief C program
that manifests the bug, but haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

I've always believed that guilt was an emotion for weaker men -- so where does
that leave me?
    -- Wesley Dodds, in SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE: "The Cannon", act I