[Image-SIG] Help with ImageMagick-Python

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:54:01 +0100

Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
> >how about *reporting* the bugs instead of whining?
> >
> >Cheers /F
>
> That's pretty insulting.

And saying that a piece of software isn't suitable for
serious use is okay?

Lots of people (including us) are using PIL in mission-
critical 24/7 high-volume processing systems.  Sounds
pretty serious to me...

On the other hand, reading your post again, you talked
about problems, not bugs...

> Second of all, I have reported some of the problems in the
> past, such as the quality of image resizing.

...and missing features can be problematic, of course.

The resampling filters in the current PIL release work
well for transforms and upsampling, but not for large
downsamplings.

Did you try the proposed workarounds, btw?

Cheers /F