[Image-SIG] sane->PIL->image problems

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:12:18 -0500

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 03:10:28PM -0800, George P Burdell wrote:
>This creates a file that is 8M.  When I open the file
>up for viewing, the file appears to repeat the same
>image 8 times and bottom of the document is B&W.  Any
>ideas?  I can use xsane which produces good images
>from scans.

I'm responsible for writing the SANE module. It's quite possible
there's a bug in the code that turns SANE's output into a PIL image
(the SaneDev_snap() function in _sanemodule.c), but I don't know of
any such bugs at this point in time.  Are you comfortable working with
C code?  Do you want to help debug this problem?

--amk