[Image-SIG] Instructions to install PIL

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:52:06 +0100

On dinsdag, dec 17, 2002, at 12:45 Europe/Amsterdam, Joancarles Casas=EDn=20=

wrote:

> On 17/12/02 at 06:25, Uwe Twelker <uwe.twelker@eyelikeit.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm working on MacOS X now I want to use PIL and I'm looking for
>> instructions to install PIL. Where would I find it?
>
> PIL 1.1.1 comes with the standard Mac distribution.

That's true for MacPython, the version that runs on both OS9 and OSX,=20
but not for native MacOSX Python (like the one installed into /usr/bin=20=

by Apple).

But if you want to use PIL with Apple's Python it's fairly easy, just=20
run setup.py. Only if you want optional things, like JPEG support, you=20=

will have to download the needed libraries yourself, and edit setup.py=20=

so it can find your library.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -