[Image-SIG] Re:Re:problem with building _imagingtk on Irix

Alexandre Gillet gillet@scripps.edu
Mon, 12 May 2003 10:16:56 -0700

Hi,

Sorry I did post my problem twice, and I forgot to check the answer for
the previous post. Too much installation and bug reporting done the last
few day.:-)

Thanks Fredrik, your email help me. It fix the building problem on Irix.

Alex

 > I am trying to build and use _imagingtk.so on a SGI irix6.5.for
 >python2.3
 > I am able to build the module but when I import it I get the folowing
 >error:
 > ImportError: 841717:python2.3: rld: Fatal Error: unresolvable symbol >in
 > ./_imagingtk.so: jpeg_resync_to_restart

 >I don't know much about SGI build issues, but the
 >"jpeg_resync_to_restart"
 >symbol is defined by the JPEG library -- which shouldn't be needed by >the
 >Tk interface...

 >guessing wildly, you could try changing this part of setup.py

 >try:
 >    import _tkinter
 >    TCL_VERSION = _tkinter.TCL_VERSION[
 >except (ImportError, AttributeError):