[Image-SIG] _imaging extension was built for another version of Python

CodeBase codebase at web.de
Fri Mar 10 12:53:10 CET 2006

Hi all,

I would like to use PIL in a Python script that does some document
automation work in Open Office under Windows XP.

When I try to run some of the PIL utilities, I get an error
"Image.py:64: RuntimeWarning: The _imaging extension was built for
another version of Python; most PIL functions will be disabled"

The Python version that comes bundled with Open Office 2.0.1 is 2.3.4,
so I downloaded PIL 1.1.5 for Python 2.3 from
http://effbot.org/downloads/PIL-1.1.5.win32-py2.3.exe
and installed it. As it didn't find the Python installation by itself, I
had to register it myself with the register script from
http://effbot.org/zone/python-register.htm

What am I doing wrong ??

TIA,

CU S>