[Image-SIG] trouble with -O3 flag

Albert Cardona cardona at ucla.edu
Tue Mar 14 20:52:13 CET 2006

Dear listers,

I am having trouble with a custom C python module. The module works just fine
when compiling it locally and running it directly in a sort of debugging
mode, but it doesn't when running compiled as the python module that it is,
with "python setup.py build_ext". I see that the -O3 flag is on (along with
the -g flag, doesn't make much sense) and I wonder how can one disactivate
the -O3 flag, so that I can see whether there's any trouble from this
direction.

My platform: kubuntu GNU/Linux-ppc Breezy, GCC 4.0.2, python 2.3.5

Further, I have trouble finding the documentation for the Python C API in
regard to compiling modules. What I've found about python 2.3.5 is very
incomplete. I would appreciate some links to proper documentation websites,
if it exists.

Albert

--
Albert Cardona