[Image-SIG] Can't install on Snow Leopard

Xiao Yu xiao at xiao-yu.com
Thu Dec 3 04:27:36 CET 2009

Hello,

I have installed Python from Python.org and have set my environment variables as to use it in default instead of the system Python. I am unable to install PIL however. Trying to build from the downloaded package or using easy_install produces the following error:

lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccmUAK0V.out (No such file or directory)
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc-4.0' failed with exit status 1

Any ideas?

Regards,
Xiao