[Image-SIG] PIL and embedded ICC profiles

Tim Hatch tim at timhatch.com
Fri Mar 6 21:49:08 CET 2009

Hiya,

This patch came through last year but it didn't get much review.  I
was wondering if it's a candidate for PIL 1.1.7 – I've tested that it
does indeed pass through profiles in jpeg-to-jpeg and jpeg-to-png
conversion.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2008-June/005026.html

There's a version at http://timhatch.com/ex/2009/03/pil-keep-icc-profiles.diff
  that applies cleanly on raclette edc72df13132 with some whitespace
cleanups.  I took out most of the unrelated patches, since they'd
either been fixed already, or (in the case of TIFF resolution
information) I'm not familiar with the code and it didn't apply
cleanly.  I suppose that's a separate topic, and I'm missing a pointer
to the original issue.

Tim