[Image-SIG] Opening TIFF and HPGL files using Python PIL getting IO Errors

Stani spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 11:10:53 CEST 2010

For group4 compressed tiff files you can preprocess them  first with
tiffcp to uncompressed tiff files which PIL can open. Tiffcp exists
for all platforms (sudo apt-get install libtiff-tools on Ubuntu).

Phatch Photo Batch Processor - http://photobatch.stani.be
SPE Python IDE - http://pythonide.stani.be