[Inpycon] Venue Finalization {was} PyCon 2010 - Let's get started

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:51:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 for hotel, it'll give the conference a professional look
>

> Hotel will cost between Rs 1300 and Rs 2500 per person per day. taxes extra

Chennai may be a bit cheaper. I am sure we can knockdown the costs too.

> If we have 350 delegates like last time for a two day event plan for Rs 8
> to 15 L budgets. That only cover the costs of the venue, and we'll have
> other costs too.

Unless we get larger commercial interests involved, you can't dream of such
budgets. My suggestion is look at something in between. IISC was a good
brand name, can't you guys get IIT Chennai? Anand B, its your old alma
mater, you may know some old professor there, and connect them to Kausik and
gang.

Note I am not against hotels, but who will go out and sell? Why should a
sponsor spend 5 L to sponsor the event? What will be the ROI for a sponsor?

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM, kausikram krishnasayee <
> kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  the barcamp is happening at SRM University City Campus in vadapalani
>>>>

>>> So is this the "bang in the middle" one ? Please clarify.
>>>

>> yeah this is the one,
>> http://bit.ly/srmvadapalani
>>
>> --
>> Kausikram Krishnasayee