[Inpycon] tasks for the society

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu Feb 4 03:45:09 CET 2010

hi,

since the society is now formed, it is time to get moving. As the main aim of
forming the society was to get a bank account, let us not get ambitious and
just do the minimal required (of course if anyone has time and energy to
spare, he can take the lead in doing bigger things ;-)). The things which come
to my mind are:

1. fix date of formation - I suggest today 4th feb 2010. (the society is
defacto formed and functioning - the registration just gives it de jure
status)

2. We need web space to put up the basic documents, minutes of meetings,
accounts etc. A wiki should be enough for the start - hosting? use python.org
wiki? set up our own vps which can be used for all our work? We have money for
this - only some one will have to front the cash until our bank account is
ready. How about domain name?

3. We need to appoint a chartered accountant - here the treasurer should have
the final word as he will be dealing with him. We need a person who has enough
knowledge to advise on electronic modes of keeping accounts that are in
accordance with law (we do not need the white ink generals from the 19th
century).

4. I met the axis bank people - netbanking with joint account is feasible.
Only thing is that a single mobile number has to be given for the PIN for
third party transfers - since the treasurer has primary responsibility we will
have to give his number

5. Once the web presence is in place of course we need to network with similar
orgs around the world and enroll members. This can go on at the pace at which
we are comfortable.

6. mailing list and IRC channel - do we continue with this list? or start a
new one? IRC channel is essential especially for conducting meetings.

Well people, I never believed that it was possible to come so far in India
without a single ego clash or a single walk out - maybe that is why the Python
is called Nalla paambu (good snake) in Tamil. Congratulations, thanks and keep
it up!

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves