[Inpycon] tasks for the society

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Thu Feb 4 06:01:18 CET 2010

Dear Kenneth,
First of all thanks for your hard work ( and patience).

On 4 February 2010 08:15, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> since the society is now formed, it is time to get moving. As the main aim
> of
> forming the society was to get a bank account, let us not get ambitious and
> just do the minimal required (of course if anyone has time and energy to
> spare, he can take the lead in doing bigger things ;-)). The things which
> come
> to my mind are:
>
> 1. fix date of formation - I suggest today 4th feb 2010. (the society is
> defacto formed and functioning - the registration just gives it de jure
> status)

+1

> 2. We need web space to put up the basic documents, minutes of meetings,
> accounts etc. A wiki should be enough for the start - hosting? use
> python.org
> wiki? set up our own vps which can be used for all our work? We have money
> for
> this - only some one will have to front the cash until our bank account is
> ready. How about domain name?
>
> +1
Suggest that we have a .in domain pycon.in ?

> 3. We need to appoint a chartered accountant - here the treasurer should
> have
> the final word as he will be dealing with him. We need a person who has
> enough
> knowledge to advise on electronic modes of keeping accounts that are in
> accordance with law (we do not need the white ink generals from the 19th
> century).

I suggest having a dedicated mailing list for the society board and this
should be agreed there. If any members have any recomendations, please let
us know.

> 4. I met the axis bank people - netbanking with joint account is feasible.
> Only thing is that a single mobile number has to be given for the PIN for
> third party transfers - since the treasurer has primary responsibility we
> will
> have to give his number

Sure.

> 5. Once the web presence is in place of course we need to network with
> similar
> orgs around the world and enroll members. This can go on at the pace at
> which
> we are comfortable.
>
> I agree.

> 6. mailing list and IRC channel - do we continue with this list? or start a
> new one? IRC channel is essential especially for conducting meetings.
>
> I suggest using this as is.

> Well people, I never believed that it was possible to come so far in India
> without a single ego clash or a single walk out - maybe that is why the
> Python
> is called Nalla paambu (good snake) in Tamil. Congratulations, thanks and
> keep
> it up!
>
> Lets make it work!
I sincerely thank everyone who made this a reality.
Regards,
- sree

--
> regards