[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu May 6 09:03:43 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 May 2010 12:06:46 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> It doesn't do any harm.
>>

> it does harm - selection of Bangalore over Chennai for the venue was done on
> the basis of 64 - 34 of the first 100 votes. Although we all accepted this, it
> did not leave a very pleasant taste in the mouth. To be meaningful, a survey
> should permit only one vote per person, the persons should register to vote,
> his registration has to be accepted. We did one such poll for chennai lug once
> where only members of the mailing list could cast precisely one vote per head.
> And it worked like a charm. (we also had another poll where someone gamed the
> system for fun and we had well over a thousand votes!). I am very strongly
> against this type of thing.[..]

It does have a rudimentary one vote per machine thing although playing
with some cookies and stuff should let you bypass that.

If the thing is gamed and things look wild, we'll simply disregard it.
We're at a stalemate right now regarding the colleges. Let's just look
at what comes out of this.

--
~noufal