[Inpycon] Adding IPSS logo to website

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:28:52 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19 2011, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

[...]

> I'm a bit worried that adding IPSS as organizer as it might give a
> wrong impression that this is not a community conference.

I don't think so. The idea is not to take credit but to make people
aware of such a thing so that the community grows.

> Look at the US PyCon website. There is no logo of PSF put on the
> website. I see mention of PSF only on the home page as "The Python
> Software Foundation is proud to present...".
>
> http://us.pycon.org/2011/home/
>
> I'm not against having the logo on the website, but I think we should
> phrase it correctly so that it gives the right impression.

Either we can do what BG suggested or we can simply put it on the top of
the right column without a heading and with "Indian Python Software
Society" as the ALT text.

There's going to be people (who won't help in anyway) that accuse it of
being some kind of a cabal of people that are trying to "subvert the
community". There's no cure for that except to ignore such people.

We know what our intentions are and have an interest in making this grow
so that we can actually present some kind of a formal face to not just
the community but also the industry.

I see no harm in putting it up there. Whether you call it "under the
aegis of the IPSS" or just "IPSS" or "organiser" or "with support form"
or whatever is not particularly relevant as long as you don't use the
same term you use for sponsors.

[...]