[Inpycon] Minutes of a meeting that took place today

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 18:04:52 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19 2011, Baishampayan Ghose wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I met with Dhananjay & Ramakrishna today and this is what we discussed about -
>
> * We will polish the CfP text on the Wiki in the next few days
> * The CfP will go live on 26 Apr (website related assistance could be
> required)

Anand should be able to take care of anything on that front.

> * The final deadline for submission of talk abstracts will be 15 June
> * We will have a tentative list ready for internal discussions by 15 July
> * We will finalize the list and will publish the final list on 1 Aug
> * There will be three types of talks
>   - Lightning talks (10-15 mins)

I don't think this is a good idea. A 10-15 minute talk is a short
talk. Lightning talks are 5 minutes long and have to be one after the
tons of ideas to think about and a few bad ones which you have to
ignore.

Also, they're mostly impromptu without the need for prior
registration. We simply open up "bookings" on the days of the conference
(either online or at a desk) and people can sign up. This is what makes
is successful like in the US PyCON.

>   - Regular talks (45 mins)
>   - Tutorials (3 Hours?)
> * Participants will have to pay to attend tutorials

Any decisions about the price?

> * Tutorials will be conducted by volunteers

[...]