[Inpycon] Carl and pyvideo.org for Pycon-India-2013?

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:00:44 CET 2012

Hello Folks,

I could not attend Pycon-IN this year but did check out the videos on
Youtube and didnt find too many of them for 2012 - was there a
different tag or are they being hosted elsewhere?

Fwiw, I was talking to Carl Karsten, the unofficially official A/V
master for all things PyCon. So far, has done videos for: PyCon DE
2012, and 11, DjangoCon 2009,10,11, PyOhio 2009,10,11 , SciPy 2012,
PyCon US 2012 and, 08, 09,10,11, PyGotham 2011, PyTexas 2011 and I was
blown away by the recording quality.

I would like to see Pycon-India talks have the same quality that you
see listed on http://pyvideo.org/, so I asked if he would be
interested in visiting India and helping us out in 2013 and he is
interested, but here are some things we need to consider:

1. Travel costs - Chicago to Bangalore (Can someone confirm if
Pycon-IN 2013 will be held in BLR?) flight cost for him and his
colleague.
2. He needs volunteers to work with him during the conference (which
is how he keeps costs down).
Here are some links from their discussions on the pyconca list below:
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/pyconca/bJ3ez_ni0zE/nu240JWWrUoJ>
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pyconca/dxNCKpMMWM4/E8A5MNXc6dEJ>
<https://github.com/codersquid/veyepar/wiki/conference-recording-thoughts>

For those who think its too early to decide for 2013, do remember that
he has quite a busy schedule. Also, I'd like to ask Carl to follow the
discussion online, and earlier the list was private, so I am CC'ing
him.

Thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com