[Inpycon] Next Steps: CFP policy document

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:57:46 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM, bibhas <me at bibhas.in> wrote:

> About the CFP, I'd like to mentioned what I proposed at the AGM. Could we
> reserve the very first workshop slot for a workshop on "Introduction to
> Python"? Any 2-3 of us can take this up and present. I believe this would
> help and encourage the beginners to attend this event greatly. If this can
> be considered, let's create a new thread.

We would have selected if such a workshop would have been proposed. I think
we should encourage python experts in the community to propose such
workshop instead of trying make exceptions to the CFP process.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We need to create document explaining recording terms,Talk format, Dates
> of submissions similar to what we do every year.
> Below is link for rerence for you.
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NBHmiJ-LzpNCDCYXV8DZ3vW0AuUBpPIT-v0twH7ucGE/edit
>
> We might need to put additional section like what should be in PPT .
>

> I couldn't attend any session this year so I'm not sure. But how did this
> policy mentioned above work out? I remember someone mentioning people using
> inappropriate slides in their presentations. Should the slides be reviewed
> before accepting them? Or maybe after accepting, just to make the slide
> more user friendly.

I'm not sure if want to impose strict rules about what should be in the
slides. Having a set of guidelines would be good enough IMHO.