[Inpycon] Program committee (was: Venue suggestion for PyCon India 2015)

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Oct 7 12:58:13 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 07 2014, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

> I think name one person in not correct , Program committee was not
> lead by Arvi for sure.  I feel bad to see individual name coming like
> this more often.

Point taken. I'm very sorry about that.

I didn't mean to underplay the efforts of all the people involved in
talk selection and everything else.

I was mostly in touch with Arvi for everything related to talk selection
(which was the only thing I was involved in this year) and that's why I
said it. It shows my lack of involvement more than anything else that I
don't know most of the people who worked on this.

My point was that the selection process, with the speaker mentors, the
chats between the people, filtering etc. was much more rigourous than
before and that's a step forward.

Also, this is not the main issue of the thread. The main issue is
how we should take PyCon India forward. I've cut out that part of the
thread and continued it with the original subject.

> We can take offline if more explanation is needed.

No need to. I made a mistake, you pointed it out, I owned upto it and
apologise. I'm in favour of discussing *everything* related to the
community on the mailing list. We've spoken about this before. :)

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal