[Inpycon] Development Sprints

Arvi Krishnaswamy arvi at alumni.iastate.edu
Wed Oct 15 10:00:26 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Bibhas <me at bibhas.in> wrote:
> I am the co-ordinator for the development sprint days in PyCon US. The
> biggest problem for doing similar level of sprints is the lack of
> upstream project/developers in the conference. We need more developers
> from upstream projects to participate for this and I do know we have a
> few of them in the conference.

​What if we ran a sprint to take up a few projects where some of us are
close to, or are already local contributors/maintainers and ran a short
sprint?  Kushal - you have Retask yourself. Anand has web.py or broadgauge
(pythonexpress). There are some of us involved in Flask related third party
projects.​

This is a good opportunity to get people involved in understanding what it
really takes to become an upstream contributor by being working side by
side with us.

I like this idea, and would be willing to volunteer to help make it happen.
My only caveat is that we should separate this from the conference days
since they are already packed with way too much going on.

-A