[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Oct 14 13:59:26 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 14 2016, Kushal Das wrote:

[...]

> We are not using PyCon India brand name, instead having a new PyCon
> all together.

That's my point. You are using the PyCon brand name.

> We are planning to have 500-700 attendees for the conference.  2 days
> of talks + 2 more days full scale upstream devsprints. This event will
> be big enough to have PyCon in the name.

That's true and if there's any country that can handle more than one
PyCon it's probably India. :)

But really, I've mentioned in earlier emails why I don't think you
should use the PyCon name. Can you tell me why you think the name is
important for you? Is it the expected size and the planned length?

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal