[Inpycon] Meeting minutes from 30th Nov, 2017 PyCon India 2018 Volunteer's meeting

Bibhas Ch Debnath me at bibhas.in
Fri Dec 1 02:33:26 EST 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:47 PM, chandan kumar <
chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> * Concerns:
>  - Need more participation from local user groups in the meeting as
> well as in the mailing lists.
>  - Chandan Kumar to send a mail to all python local user mailing list
> regarding communication channels for PyCon India 2018

​How about, as a part of the 10th anniversary, we take explicit steps to
promote local user groups this year?​ Some way to point attendees towards
these local groups so that they can connect.

Call in all local groups and encourage people to attend. Give them group
specific swag maybe so that they can draw attention towards themselves
during the event. Or a small area where each user group can have a small
board and put their names/twitter handles/email addresses/mailing list link
etc to connect with each other.

This could be a nice way to encourage people to join the community, by
talking to people they are more comfortable with.

> Thanks for reading, feel to shoot queries/concerns to this thread.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Chandan Kumar

Thanks,