[Inpycon] Keynote Speaker Suggestions

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:30:45 EST 2019

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 00:24, Vijay Kumar <vijaykumar at bravegnu.org> wrote:

> On Monday 11 February 2019 11:06 AM, Vijay Kumar wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> > While we wait for the confirmation of the dates, we can start the
> > keynote speaker selection process. For people new to the conference,
> > the keynotes at PyCon India, are inspiring talks from speakers, that
> > leave a lasting impact on the conference attendees. The keynote
> > speakers also help to tip the scales, for people having second
> > thoughts about attending the conference. This increases participation
> > in the conference and enriches the overall experience of the conference.
> >
> > As indicated in the proposal we will be having 4 keynote speakers.
> > Please send in your keynote speaker suggestion, to the mailing list.
> > Please send in one keynote speaker suggestion per mail, containing a
> > brief description about the speaker. If you like a suggestion, use +1
> > style voting to indicate preference for a particular keynote speaker.
> > Once the dates are confirmed, we will ping the keynote speakers in the
> > order of preference.
>
> Hi Everyone,
> Thanks for the suggestions! All the suggestions and votes
> received so far has been captured here
> https://github.com/pythonindia/inpycon2019-tasks/wiki/Keynote-Speakers
>
>  From the voting pattern so far, there seems to be more
> suggestions than votes. It will be hard to come to a
> consensus with the community votes alone.
>
> We will form a small panel of senior members of the community,
> to select from the suggestions, taking into consideration the
> community votes and the points indicated by Anand Pillai.
>
> BTW, please suggest Indian keynote speakers as well. We will stop
> accepting suggestions by 21st Feb, and will focus on selecting and
> inviting the keynote speakers.

I would like to propose Sayan Chowdhury (http://www.sayanchowdhury.com/).

The main reason I propose him is because of his impact on the up and
coming generation as well as his commitment in helping them grow. This
point was driven home when for the DjangoGirls workshop this month,
one of the mentors was one of his students. To inspire and teach
someone to grow and get them to a position where they can help others
is an extremely important and admirable trait.

I don't know if he fits the bill exactly on all the criteria that
Anand Pillai mentioned in one of the earlier emails, but from his own
personal technical open source contributions, to his sincere &
passionate effort in mentoring people, to his approachable attitude
all contributes to a keynote worthy character for mainly the younger
generation of programmers to look up to, communicate with, and learn
from.

Oh yeah, and I recently figured out he is quite an awesome artist too. :)

> Regards,
> Vijay

Haris Ibrahim K. V.
http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com