[IPython-dev] Moin wiki config closed out...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:07:28 EST 2007

Hi all,

I recently realized that despite trying to disable new user accounts,
I'd never correctly set the Moin access control lists, and hence the
whole site was actually open to spam.  I basically spent a bunch of
time locking up an attic window and left the entry door wide open...

Anyway, Ryan James had been silently doing the thankless task of
cleaning up the constant flow of spam, for which I'm very grateful.
But I'm sure your time is better spent elsewhere (with ipython, of
course :), Ryan, so I just closed up the main ACL for anonymous edits.
 If any of you with a normal login to the wiki can't edit, please let
me know ASAP so I can fix it.

And sorry for such a stupid blunder...