[IPython-dev] Clearing exception info stored for %debug?

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 11:46:16 EST 2008

Hi!

I just suffered from a complicated situation; I had a file being clobbered on
IPython quit by a __del__ method from one of the objects in the stack within
an exception that occurred earlier.  After the exception, I only ran one
corrected command which stored the right file after a long computation, but
when I quit IPython the data was overwritten by the partial results from the
earlier, broken run.

This situation is probably a rare one, but I thought that one might want to
introduce "%clear exception" or sth. along that lines.

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo