[IPython-dev] IPython.fronend progress

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Jun 16 10:02:52 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:46:35PM -0700, Barry Wark wrote:
> I hope you don't mind me cc-ing this to the list, in case anyone else
> is curious.

No, not replying to the list was actually unintended.

> Running the project from within Xcode _should_ (fingers crossed!)
> start the demo frontend.

That was the part that took us a while to get: we just tried to "python
foobar.py" the thing, but apparently Apple likes to "think different",
and this does not work.

> You'll quickly find that the Cocoa frontend is still quite rough
> around the edges.

My one question is: what is the plan for interacting with the GUI
mainloop. For example how to I open matlplotlib windows?

I guess this is a more general question: what is the road forward on
frontends for this problem?

Gaël