[IPython-dev] ipython0.9 and python2.4

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 00:36:24 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 09:23:06PM -0700, Brian Granger wrote:
>> But, they should go in a 0.9.2 release in a bit....let's sit on it and
>> how what bubbles up in the next week or so.
>
> Let's define what we want to put in this 0.9.2 release. Next week I can
> take half a day to put this aditional method in the frontends in order
> and push it for inclusion, if this is an option. Unfortunately, I'll
> still need to use my subclass in the enthought branch, as I don't think
> we'll ship 0.9.2 with EPD, and I can only rely on what is shipped with
> EPD.

I'd say we should have it be a 'let the dust settle' for a few days
only.  We don't have the resources to keep multiple series in
parallel, so I'd rather:

- just wait for a few days for a 0.9.2 that accumulates any more
bloopers we spot, plus *small*, well-contained features.  Yours
qualifies as such, certainly.

- Cut the release next week or so, with all changes properly reviewed.

- Move into the 0.10 mode as soon as feasible.

I don't have the bandwidth to worry about 0.9.x and 0.10 in parallel,
but I have no objections to anyone who's willing to spend time on
both.  That's why I suggest staggering them so we focus on one at a
time (we're a pretty small team in any case).