[IPython-dev] What is the status of iPython+wx?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 23 12:47:53 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

There was a thread here fairly recently about the re-structuring of how
iPython works with GUI toolkit event loops.

IIUC, it's going to require a bit for special code in the GUI programs,
so that they don't try to start multiple app instances, etc.

What is the status of this?

I'd like to use iPython for my wxPython development, and the current
multi-threading mode isn't all that robust (though it mostly works). Is
this a good time to upgrade to a devel version and start plugging away?
or is it not really ready for daily use yet.

One of my thoughts is that I could work on the boilerplate code required
to run a wx app with the new iPython, and if the timing is right, get it
into the next wxPython release ( which is coming "soon" ).

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov