[IPython-dev] Experiment: pull requests CC'd to the list...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 02:04:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I made a little experiment: I added the ipython-dev at scipy.org address
as the official email of the ipython organization at github, and
changed the email settings so that all pull requests would generate a
message (only once per request though, I turned off the notifications
of further discussions, and also of bug reports).

I hope this will encourage more people to participate in the project
also by commenting on pull requests: code review is open to anyone
(with a github login, but that's not a restriction imposed by us, just
by the nature of the github system), and I'd like more people beyond
just  a handful of us to get involved that way.  It's a good way to
start learning the codebase, participate in concrete design
discussions, and engage other developers on specific topics you may
care about or have expertise in.

Don't be shy: even if you haven't contributed code to IPython yet, you
may know about a particular topic and your input at the time of a pull
request may help make that code that much better.

I hope this will be a net positive for the project, with minimal noise
on-list.  But if these messages start getting annoying for anyone, let
me know and I'm happy to reconsider.

Regards,