[IPython-dev] The homestretch for 0.12...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 06:25:35 EST 2011

Hi folks,

we haven't had too many problem reports with the 0.12 beta, but we
have had a ton of recent small contributions.  This is is great, in
that we greatly appreciate new code, but now we need to spend a bit of
time stabilizing things and closing what we can, if we want a solid
0.12 release that also goes out real soon.

I've gone over the issues list and bumped to 0.13 everything that was
not likely to be doable soon (old issues, too complex, too delicate to
do now, etc).  This is what's left (only 12!):

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/?milestone=6&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open

We also have a few PRs open, 9 at the moment:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pulls

At this point, anyone who can lend a hand with any of the above, it
would be very much appreciated.  In particular, we do have one very
nasty blocker and we're not quite sure what's going on or how to best
fix it:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/481

Major brownie points for anyone who helps us make progress with that.

So let's focus our energies on the remaining things, and we should be
able to cut an RC by week's end...

ps - to put things in perspective, the 0.11 release had 511 github
issues closed in ~16 months, and in the last 4 months since 0.11 we've
closed a total of 442! (214 pull requests and 228 regular ones).  It
seems our predictions of 0.11 really providing a more approachable
project were true :)