[IPython-dev] Last call: 0.12 this weekend?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:44:57 EST 2011

Hi all,

we haven't had too many scares since the RC went out, so I'd like to
cut 0.12 this weekend (time permitting, I have some work things I must
take care of first).  The only thing left I'd like to see go in is

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/1168

which is just adding a convenience flag for an existing feature.  Once
that gets reviewed, I think we're good to go code-wise.  I'll do some
final doc and example touch-ups, including finishing up a sample
notebook that people can use to get started.  But I won't touch the
core code further (there's often at release time minor tweaks to make
to the files in tools/ or to the release.py file, but that should be
it).

Anyone have any objection or see any glaring problems?  I know we
still haven't fixed

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/481

but given nobody is quite sure what to do here, we can't hold the
release forever on account of one issue.  This and the other few
issues left that were targeted for 0.12 will simply be retargeted for
0.13.