[IPython-dev] Colours in IPython 0.11 rc1 PPA package

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 02:16:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if it's possible to design a colour set that is legible on either
> background? A significant amount of LightBG works on a dark background, so
> it should be possible, if a bit more bland.

It should be possible, just mixing a little of both, and using NoColor
in a few more cases.  Less fancy but more robust...

Post-0.11 what we need is to move this machinery over from ANSI
escapes to a proper styling mechanism, so that clients aren't forced
to interpret ANSI (like Evan had to do for the Qt console).