[IPython-dev] internationalisation and translation of ipython
takowl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:38:14 EDT 2012
On 14 August 2012 10:01, Nicolas Pettiaux <nicolas at pettiaux.be> wrote:
> * insert something like "import i18n.py" or "from gettext import
> gettext as _" at the beginning of the file,
> * wrap the visible strings (window titles, dialog titles,
> notifications, labels, button labels and so on) with the '_()'
I've seen how gettext works from within the code, and I agree that it does
seem simple. Can I ask about logistics:
* Do the message catalogues need a build step, and what does that require?
* Where does gettext look for the message catalogues?
* Do you envisage us shipping the message catalogues as part of a standard
IPython download? Or would they be separate 'language pack' downloads?
* How would it be delivered through our different channels:
- Linux distro repositories
- Python distros (EPD, Python(x,y))
- Windows separate install
- The various Mac repository systems
- People installing from PyPI
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IPython-dev