[IPython-dev] Style Rules for Notebook

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:41:12 EDT 2012

Le 21 août 2012 à 01:06, Carl Smith a écrit :

> Hi all
>
> I've attached a notebook that explains everything I wanted to post
> here, so you can flick through that for the details. It's basically to
> do with creating a set of CSS rules for certain HTML tags to improve
> the look of notebooks and hopefully the consistency between them. The
> notebook's contains examples of what I'm suggesting, so that's why I
> didn't just write it here.

It look nice.
h1 have no style.
(I don't like the h2, but that's my opinion)
I like the border-top-bottom of the sub header that mark the sections of the notebook.
You spoke of jQuery at the end. I would prefer avoiding as much as possible manipulating dom
to have a footer as we also have static notebook view.

I would agree with Thomas to make it active by default.

Is it worth shipping the font for h2 header only ?

Maybe we can restrict the css to apply only on element inside  `div.rendered_html` to avoid potential side effects ?

I think Brian is considering switching to bootstrap.

It might be a good time to consider splitting our css on file that are use for editing mode.
and some for both editing and static view.

--
Matthias