[IPython-dev] using the notebook for teaching?

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Thu Dec 6 03:45:10 EST 2012

Hi Thomas and Brian,

thank you very much for your answers. I'm glad to know that no format
change is planned for now, and that developers also consider
forward-compatibility to be important.

It will be hard to have everybody use 0.13 during the training: 0.12 is
the version packaged by the latest Ubuntu LTS (12.04) and by the latest
EPD. I do not expect people to be more bleeding-edge than the latest
Ubuntu LTS. Fortunately, the training will be in Spring, hopefully
there will exist a new version of EPD with Ipython 13.

Thanks again,
Emmanuelle