[IPython-dev] using the notebook for teaching?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 06:22:19 EST 2012

On 6 December 2012 08:45, Emmanuelle Gouillart <
emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org> wrote:

> It will be hard to have everybody use 0.13 during the training: 0.12 is
> the version packaged by the latest Ubuntu LTS (12.04) and by the latest
> EPD. I do not expect people to be more bleeding-edge than the latest
> Ubuntu LTS. Fortunately, the training will be in Spring, hopefully
> there will exist a new version of EPD with Ipython 13.

If the Ubuntu users are comfortable using a PPA, Julian Taylor has
helpfully packaged 0.13.1 here:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython

Adding the PPA requires just one command:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jtaylor/ipython

Best wishes,
Thomas