[IPython-dev] custom web notebook cells

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Sat Dec 15 17:20:53 EST 2012

On 12/15/12 3:02 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:
>>   Or I'd like to have:
>>
>> n=<<slider>>
>
> Do you know
> http://livecoding.io/3419309
> Javascript tab, click on a number and press Alt
> You can do the same with #xxxxxx.

Yes, those are exactly the sorts of things that I've been playing with
over the last year.  And I second the reference to Brett Victor's talk
(actually, he gave some other very enlightening talks and blog posts
that further develop some of those ideas, which I also recommend highly).

Here are some other implementations of Brett's ideas that I posted about
in May:
http://lists.ipython.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-dev/2012-May/009239.html

The khan academy code editor (written by John Resig himself) is also
another implementation of these ideas.  Light Table is another
implementation of some of these ideas: http://www.lighttable.com/

Anyways, the field is wide open for exploring these things.  It's an
exciting time to live, isn't it?

Jason