[IPython-dev] D3js and IPython

lecast martin.zmk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:57:38 EST 2013

I had a look at jsplugins and indeed it makes sense to use that in my
context, although I would still keep my class for rendering static things
or things that use css for interactivity.

However, the way I understand is that js in unwanted in the saved output
because it may communicate with the kernel, and that in turn can do
whatever. Wouldn't escaping just such calls be an option too?

For the jsplugins to work I think there should be an install function
within IPython where you point at some url that hosts the plugin. And,
there should be an easy way to extend plugins from within IPython so that
the user doesn't have to have file system access to add a script.

Also, the base of the code for my papers-style notebooks that extracts
footnotes is at http://nbviewer.ipython.org/4492534/

Z wyrazami szacunku,
Marcin Zamojski