[IPython-dev] Jupyterhub-based CMS?

epi massimodisasha at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:54:50 EDT 2014

I’m dreaming of such an app (CMS based on a Jupiter server) for a long time :)
something on the line of Rstudio server [1] will be awesome.
I don’t know if of any help but
few months ago i was experimenting on how to connect a flask app with an Ipython notebook.
this is a very simple example on how to pass python object between a running notebook and a lack app :

the flask app is :

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1ef39d31c16e3153f3e7 <https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1ef39d31c16e3153f3e7>

it runs on host:5000

and from a notebook like :

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/anonymous/cce682857defaf0016ee <http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/anonymous/cce682857defaf0016ee>

CMS in python .. the first that comes in mind is based on flask and is called “quokka” [2] demo [3]

[1] https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us <https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us>
[2] https://github.com/pythonhub/quokka
[3] http://demo.quokkaproject.org <http://demo.quokkaproject.org/>