[IPython-dev] 4.0 release status

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:56:37 EDT 2015

Thomas,

I will keep working on the landing docs in the jupyter/jupyter repo,
but one part that still isn't clear is what the master install page of
those should have. It will become a jupyter/ipython wide replacement
for ipython.org/install.html. Part of the challenge is that we may
need to have instructions that handle folks upgrading from ipython
<=3.x as well.

* Do we know what those instructions will be yet?
* Should we create issues on the jupyter/jupyter repo for the
metapackage and install docs?

Thanks for managing this stuff!

Cheers,

Brian