[IPython-dev] Disabling Authentication for Kernels

Andrew Payne andy at payne.org
Mon Mar 2 10:17:03 EST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:23 AM, Andrew Gibiansky <andrew.gibiansky at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Is there a way to disable authentication for a kernel via its
> kernelspec/kernel.json? If not, is there any way around this issue other
> than creating a custom profile (or biting the bullet and figuring out and
> implementing authentication)?

I'm having the same issue (I think) with ITorch.  ITorch does not (yet)
implement message authentication for kernel messages.  See:
https://github.com/facebook/iTorch/issues/30

To ask a (possibly) refactored version of Andrew's question:  I'm running a
private notebook server with multiple kernels available (bash, Python 2,
Torch, etc.).  How do I disable authentication on a per-kernel basis?

-andy