[IPython-dev] Slides on nbviewer!!!

Nicholas Bollweg nick.bollweg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:26:26 EDT 2015

> I only have a minor request. Is there a way to disable the slide-to-slide
animation, I (and some other colleagues) find it quite distracting?

With the two-dimensional scrolling, I find that helps orient a bit, but
yeah, the animation is pretty "cute".

Short answer: No.

Medium answer: Yes... IF you are hosting your own nbviewer, AND hack the
underlying template slides.reveal.tpl.

Long answer:  In addition to transition, reveal has a huge number of
configuration options. I kind of doubt we'll make any UI on nbviewer to
allow one to hack these at runtime, not least because reveal takes over the
location.hash for providing anchors to slides.

We should change the nbconvert template soon to allow a raw metadata
configuration of what you describe. This would still leave the power in the
hands of the content owner, which is probably how it should be. However, we
need to look at some notebook UI/UX options for getting access to all of
the configuration features (might as well), which does present a bit of a
challenge.