[IronPython] Some Iron Python PR

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Tue Jun 7 19:04:03 CEST 2005

Hello-

I have volunteered to write an article for International Developer
Magazine giving a high-level look at Python; the history and motivation
behind the language as well as future direction.  The article is not too
long (1850 words), but I would like to include a little bit on Iron
Python as well at Jython, Zope, and other applications.  Though I heard
the Iron Python presentation at PyCon earlier this year, would one of
you be kind enough to summarize what you are trying to accomplish and
give an expected date for release?  Also, who is/are leading the
development?  Is it fair to say Microsoft is supporting your efforts?
Enthusiastically?

The deadline for submission is next Wednesday and I have committed to
having a draft out for review by Sunday.  I  know it's short, but can
anyone here help me out with the above information?

Thanks,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859 (office)
Senior Programmer            501 219-4455 (fax)
NovaSys Health               greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.