[IronPython] StringIO???

Wed May 18 18:25:40 CEST 2005

Martin,

Just as a F.Y.I, IP-0.7.5 did fix it the problem, but as you can also see
from below IP-0.7.4 with Beta 1 did work before.

---- IP-0.7.5 with Beta 2
IronPython 0.7.5 on .NET 2.0.50215.44
>>> import StringIO
>>> dir(StringIO)
['ValueError', 'ImportError', 'RuntimeError', 'basestring', 'isinstance',
'Strin
gIO', 'None', 'False', 'open', 'EINVAL', '__name__', 'str', 'min', 'max',
'len',
'IOError', 'test', 'StopIteration', '__all__', '_', '__builtins__',
'__file__']

---- IP-0.7.5 with Beta 1
IronPython 0.7.5 on .NET 2.0.40607.42
>>> import StringIO
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean
System.Collections.Gen
eric.IDictionary`2.TryGetValue(!0, !1 ByRef)'.
at IronPython.Objects.Importer.TryGetExistingModule(String fullName, Object&
ret)
at IronPython.Objects.Importer.Import(PythonModule mod, String fullName,
List
from)
at IronPython.Objects.Ops.Import(PythonModule mod, String fullName)
at input_0.Run(Frame frame)
at IronPython.Hosting.PythonEngine.DoOneInteractive(Frame topFrame)
at IronPython.Hosting.PythonEngine.RunInteractive()

---- IP-0.7.4 with Beta 1
IronPython 0.7.4 on .NET 2.0.40607.42