[IronPython] Importing embedded .py files

Nathan R. Ernst ernsnat at iit.edu
Thu Jul 6 00:48:42 CEST 2006

PEP-302 definitely sounds like what I had in mind (but wasn't quite so
eloquently able to put into writing).

Dino, et. al., please correct me if I'm wrong, but a PEP-302 based solution
to the original problem would involve the installation of an object into
sys.path_hooks that would return an importer item capable of loading the
specified module from a resource?

Reading through the PEP sparked another random thought:  Might it be of use
to IronPython developers to have .Net consumable interfaces defined for some
of the more common Python protocols?  While I admit this would likely be of
little functional value, it could lend a good deal of declarative value,
especially when implementing objects in .Net that intended to be consumed
directly by IronPython.