[IronPython] changing c# var values in IP

ANNA CHAPOVALOV anfaleo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:28:32 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I'm a newbee in IP, so sorry if i ask (maybe) dumb questions....

I'm using IP for scripting in a c# app. I have something like this:

public partial class frmStart : Form
    {

      string idL;
      private void frmStartBatch_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
         idL = "";
        engine = new PythonEngine();

        engine.ImportSite();
        engine.SetVariable("idL", idL );
        engine.ExecuteFile("ip.py");
        //At this point i would aspect that idL has the value passed in
ip.py scrypt.. but it still has ""...
}
}

Here's my ip code:

idL = "Hello World!"

Is it ok? How come? I've found some workarounds...  but still curious why it
happens.

Other thing i've noticed is that if i have a class (i've tried with a form
class), if i pass it (this) as variable to a ip script, not all it's widgets
and attrs are avaible... is this linked with the .NET attributes issues?

thanks!!