[IronPython] Security Problem in Visual Studio

Niels Reijers nielsreijers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 14:46:53 CEST 2006

Hello,

I apologise if this has been asked and answered before. I'm new to
IronPython, .Net and VisualStudio (apart from some VB6 work in a distant
past), but I have a couple of months of Python experience, and am really
pleased with the language so far.
I'm exploring IronPython for a project at work. Working within .Net and
having VisualS tudio integration will be very important to us since it will
make it far easier to have management consider Python as an option. I
downloaded the SDK and got the VS integration working following Aaron
Marten's blog post. No problems so far.

Unfortunately, I can only run my code when running VS as Administrator. When
I try to run it under my own account, I get an unhandled SecurityException:
"Request for the permission of type '
System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission , mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed."
So I'm assuming I need to get some extra permissions for my user account,
but I'm not sure which.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Also many thanks to the IronPython team! This is really cool stuff you're
building. :-)

Sincerely,
 Niels Reijers