[IronPython] Immutable value types, again

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Sat May 12 18:17:19 CEST 2007

>  I expected *somebody* to respond.

Okay, I'm up for the task,

Me: "you fool, you just need to cast it to a ref type and then you can
mutate it all
you want. When you need the val type, just cast it back. Didn't you read
the tutorial??"

Of course, I have no idea if this is the right answer, but I would
hate for you to think that nobody's listening and nobody cares.  That
said, it's possible it might be one or the other.  But I doubt much
it's both at the same time. ;-)

On a serious note, there are a few threads that come to mind, though I
am not immediatelly finding either of them.  That said, try >
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2006-November/004134.html
< and then take a look @ >
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2007-January/004432.html
< and see if either of these might help lead you down the path to
finding the right answer.  When I have a few extra moments I'll try
and dig deeper and find something a bit more useful.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |