[IronPython] Orcas integration?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue May 15 03:40:11 CEST 2007

FYI getting this to work w/ v2.0 is probably no small amount of work.  We've temporarily removed several features from v2.0 (such as CodeDom and the static type compiler) which were used by the VS SDK integration to varying degrees.  The AST has also significantly changed which probably means the language service that targetted v1.x and shipped w/ the VS SDK is probably quite broken too.

We are talking to the VS SDK team and trying to figure out what version their next release will target, when we can get those various features back into 2.0, etc...  Unfortunately we don't have any sort of ETA yet.

On the other issues:
#1) You probably need the Mark of the Web in the .html file.  This will tell IE that the file that's local on your machine is to be treated as being in the internet zone.  A quick search for mark of the web should get you what you need.

#2)  There's an outer most exception handler and you might have VS setup to catch unhandled exceptions.  Try disabling that in the exceptions menu.  If that doesn't do it try disabling Just My Code and it should start catching all exceptions.