[IronPython] Patent concerns

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:09:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

Recently on jvm-languages list, which is an interest group surrounding
language implementation for the JVM, Frank Wierzbicki from Jython
project expressed the concern that Microsoft may hold a lot of patents
related to IronPython, so he is reluctant to look at the source code
even if it is open-sourced.

http://groups.google.com/group/jvm-languages/msg/0d16a82b53233a72

Apparently, this seems to be a widespread concern. I think this is a
pity, since in my opinion IronPython has a lot of good ideas that
would benefit language implementations on JVM.

So, please answer if possible. What patents Microsoft hold, related to
IronPython?

--
Seo Sanghyeon